Cookies, pancakes, chainsaws and food processors on recall list
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 28 recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment
- Greatbatch Medical Recalls Standard Offset Cup Impactor Used for Hip Joint Replacement due to Inadequate Sterilization. The FDA has identified this as a Class I recall, the most serious type of recall. Use of these devices may cause serious injuries or death.
- New Tesla, McLaren, and Ferrari models added to Takata recall list – these are late model cars that have been built since the recall started.
- Mitsubishi Motors North America recalled Outlander Sport vehicles - the lift gate support outer tube may have insufficient anti-corrosion treatment.
- Maserati recalled model year 2017 Quattroportes and Ghiblis - the rear wheels may lock up, increasing the risk of a crash.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Forest River motorhomes and toy haulers were recalled because of ladder issue - the retractable hinges can separate from the the vehicle's ladders.
- Model year 2017 King Aire motorhomes recalled - water may leak into the turn signal module.
- CSC recalled model year 2015-2016 Cyclone motorcycles - the operator may use an incorrect brake fluid.
- KTM recalled Super Adventure, 1190 Adventure and Adventure R motorcycles - the brake line may overheat and melt.
- Indian Motorcycle recalled bikes with fuel leak issue - the fuel rail may contact other components and result in a fuel leak.
- Lenny & Larry’s recalled various chocolate chip and cookies - the products may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Earth Balance Mac & Cheese products recalled - the products may contain a dairy allergen not declared on the label.
- Stonewall Kitchen recalls various pancake & waffle mixes - the products may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- VanLaw Food Products, Inc. is initiated a voluntary recall of WinCo Brand Ranch Dressing for undeclared egg in the ingredients.
- Williams-Sonoma voluntarily recalled limited quantities of Williams-Sonoma Meyer Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread, as it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Ron’s Home Style Foods, Inc. recalled Tropical Fruit Supreme, Pineapple Nut Delight, and Pistachio Crème, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- New Hope Mills is expanded its 12/12/16 voluntary recall for one additional code of its New Hope Mills Crepe MIX as it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- H-E-B recalled bulk and packaged raw shelled pistachios. The product is being removed because there is potential it could be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Old Dutch Foods Inc. voluntarily recalled a limited number of Flavored Potato Chip and Tortilla Chip products because of possible Salmonella contamination.
Infant & Children Products
- Chicken toys recalled by Bingo Deals due to choking hazard.
Pet Food & Animal Products
- Ridley Block Operations initiated a voluntary recall of a single batch of its beef cattle feed product, Ultralyx 24% + 3% Mag Composite Block, because it contains elevated levels of non-protein nitrogen (NPN) that may be harmful to beef cattle.
- Barnett Outdoors recalled crossbows - the crossbow can fire unexpectedly under certain conditions.
- Trek bicycle lights recalled - the bicycle light can operate intermittently when paired with a remote transmitter, reducing the visibility of and for the rider, posing an injury hazard.
- World Trading recalled Orbit Self-Balancing Scooters/Hoverboards due to fire hazard; sold by Evine.
- Cuisinart food processors recalled - the food processor’s riveted blade can crack.
- LG Electronics recalled portable air conditioners due to potential fire hazard.
- Remington Brand Chainsaws recalled by MTD Southwest - the chainsaws can leak fuel posing a fire hazard.
- Craftsman Brand Chainsaws recalled by MTD Southwest - the chainsaws can leak fuel posing a fire hazard.
- Figi’s Companies recalled Christmas Wishes tins - the tin’s music sound chip mechanism can separate and expose button batteries.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com, digitaltrends.com